ENVIRONMENT: Implement a strong IT and cybersecurity plan while you monitor and maintain all systems, as your technical capabilities as a systems administrator are sought after by a provider of analytics, intelligence software solutions and advanced tracking. Working with the team, you will also need to resolve issues in a timely manner while providing exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate will need a very good Matric level or equivalent with Maths & IT non-negotiable, at least a one-year IT diploma preferably in Server / Systems Administration and an appropriate SysAdmin certification. You will also need 2 to 5 years of professional experience in a similar role, a relevant mastery of Linux Ubuntu OS preferably, Apache Foundation & Kafka, Cassandra or NoSQL, HA Proxy or other proxy applications, Jetty, Docker, Bash, Ansible and understand cluster computing [URL Removed] responsible for all existing and new server infrastructure including on-premise, private cloud and cloud hosting environment.
- Minimum of very good success at Matrix / equivalent level (Mathematics and Computing non-negotiable).
- Minimum of a one year computer science degree, preferably in server / systems administration.
- Relevant Certified Systems Administration Course.
Experience / skills
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of proven and adequate experience as a systems administrator.
- Relevant Linux training and proficiency; Preferred Ubuntu operating system.
- Apache Foundation applications (generally)
- Cassandra or similar NoSQL databases.
- Clustered computing environments.
- Apache Kafka or other message queue / middleware applications.
- HA Proxy / other proxy applications.
- Jetty, Docker, Bash coding / shell script, Ansible.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Communicate your thoughts, in a positive and constructive way, in discussions and debates.
- Constantly improve and develop personally through continuous learning.
- Accept your mistakes and learn from them quickly.
- Solve issues and see the big picture while managing the details.
- Bring innovation and creativity into the environment.
- Able to quickly grasp the complexities of the ecosystem and operate on their own at a high level with minimal supervision.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. OnlyCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the work. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.