RetroArch has just been updated to version 1.10.0, which has brought many changes to the program’s network games.
RetroArch is a front end for emulation systems, game engines, native games, and other media playback tools that can be used on almost any platform.
According to pc games, there are several changes and bugfixes in this release.
However, out of all these improvements, three stand out: Vulkan’s HDR support, improved performance for Xbox UWP users, and netplay tweaks and improvements.
Meanwhile, text chat has also been implemented in the new system and some improvements have been made to help you see which games you can connect to.
Windows users can now use HDR on Vulkan setups with this release.
In terms of netplay, the Libretro team has introduced features like a text chat room, relay servers, major uPnP updates, ping counter for the client, among others.
The complete changelog, as well as the download for RetroArch 1.10.0, can be found on the LibRetro official website.
Other major changes introduced by version 1.10.0 include the following:
- An Asian server instead of the Canadian
- Custom relay server support
- Filter rooms that are not compatible with netplay.
- When announcing to the lobby server, if your room is not connected to a network, a warning will appear.
- LAN rooms now have a refresh button.
Plus, you can now browse your game collection using a set-top box style menu. After scanning your collection, the system will sort your games.
It works on Windows, macOS, and Linux, among other operating systems. It is also compatible with many devices such as Apple and Android tablets and phones, as well as game consoles such as PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, and more!
As it is highly configurable, you can change all possible options on how games are run and displayed.
Also Read: Xbox Series X and S Now Allow Access to PS2 Games Through Developer Mode’s RetroArch Emulator
How to get RetroArch 1.10.0
Excited about this update? Get rid of those bugs. With RetroArch 1.10.0, you can have a better gaming experience.
Here are the steps to update to RetroArch 1.10.0.
- Create backup of current folder
- Open your device’s web browser
- Access the official Liberto download page
- Now go to the download folder on your computer
- Extract files from RetroArch folder
- Run RetroArch
Retro games have been our best companion for many years. With its new feature, it’s fair to hope that our gaming experience will be taken to the next level.
How to Use Emulator to Beat Retro Games Easily
Provided you already have RetroArch 1.10.0 installed, it’s important that you know how to turn the adventures in your favor.
By downloading cheat collections and installing them, you can be as invincible as you want.
Follow these simple steps to find out how to beat them easily!
- Visit RetroArch’s online updater from the main menu once it has been installed and configured properly. Please note that it will not be able to download updates unless your firewall allows it to access the Internet.
- Scroll down to the “Update Cheats” section and click on it. This should allow you to run one of your favorite game’s cheats!
- While the game is running, press the Home button on your control pad or F1 on your keyboard, which should pause the game and bring you to RetroArch’s quick menu. From there, go to the “cheat entry” and click on it.
- If you don’t have the correct cheat while setting up RetroArch, you can simply click “Load Cheat File (Replace)”.
- From there, you should be able to see a file requester where the cheats content and subdirectories are. Locate the folder for the platform you are emulating. From there, you’ll see cheat files that will hopefully include your favorite game.
- Enable “Automatically apply cheats while loading game” and Apply after toggle in the cheats menu. After that just select “Apply Changes”.
- Activate the cheat you want.
- Reload your game with cheats applied by scrolling up and selecting “Restart”.
Here, the game will proceed as before. But this time you can nail it, so claim it!
Related article: Want to play Nintendo 3DS games on Android for free? 3 Emulator Apps to Make It Happen