C/C++; PYTHON DEVELOPER – Automotive Ethernet Control Field
We are looking for an experienced C/C++; Python developer to join our engineering team and help us build dynamic software applications for our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for writing and testing scalable code, developing back-end components and integrating user-facing elements in collaboration with front-end developers.
NB: The candidate must have C/C++ in conjunction with Python
As most of our projects are in C/C++, the candidate must be able/able to step in and help in need using C/C++ or at least have the necessary knowledge)
Roles and results:
- Python programming and integration (must include C/C++ knowledge/experience)
- Systems design
- Documentation / Technical Writing
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Research / Surveys
- Service level monitoring
- System tests
- User support
- The ability to quickly build advanced software solutions that are relatively defect-free and easy to maintain
- Create firmware for custom hardware designs
- Code version management
- Consult with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborate with the software development team on application design and development.
- Develop software and oversee the deployment of applications across multiple platforms.
- Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creation of feedback channels on end-user applications.
- Software optimization by performing maintenance, updates and upgrades.
- Proactively resolve issues to deliver high quality products
- Software deployment on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Integration of user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low latency, high availability and high performance applications
- Tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and performance automation
- Work collaboratively with the design team to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features
- Coordination with other developers for implementation and testing of cross-functional requirements
Education and diplomas:
- Advanced degree or diploma in computer science or related field
- Excellent work ethic, punctual, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams
- Be able and willing to travel internationally
- Intermediate – Senior C/C++; Python Developer
- Min 3+ years of solid experience and knowledge
- Experience required on one or more; file parsing, API design, JSON repos, RPC links
- A deep understanding of Python’s multi-process architecture and threading limitations.
- Mastery of testing tools.
- Hands-on experience with Django, Flask or other Python frameworks
- Current knowledge of C/C++ or Python standards and specifications.
- Extensive experience deploying software on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with knowledge of algorithms/data structures
- Good knowledge of OOP
- Software development life cycle experience
- Experience with Windows and LINUX
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating skills in the following areas:
Any knowledge of automotive standards
Development of SOME/IP, DDS or possibly other device controllers and stimulators for the automotive field
- the Windows
- The integration
- Restful JSON
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
– Be willing to travel abroad
– Fast growing and well established international company.
– leading experts in their field
– creating and developing exciting new next-gen technology for autonomous driving
– Cape Town, with our team in Germany, is a diverse group of forward thinkers, with our primary focus being time-sensitive networking.
– High team spirit
– Be proud of an open communication channel
– Open and collaborative culture