- Deploy and configure virtual networks, orchestrate routing paths and firewalls.
- Managing public and private IP addresses for on-premises resources and some other Azure resources
- Implement and manage failover recovery for network and other components in the hybrid cloud environment
- Deploy VMs in virtual networks.
- Monitors and analyzes the performance of on-premises and cloud resources
- Ability to configure, monitor and maintain Windows servers in a Microsoft Azure cloud environment and on-premises
- Maintain cloud and VM servers, including patches, security configurations, and troubleshooting.
- Help configure and maintain system availability and security policies, processes and procedures
- Responsible for corporate network support, performance, security and availability
- Recommend alternatives, select and acquire additional network and security solutions or enhancements to existing network solutions to improve the high availability and security of global corporate networks
- Plan and perform upgrades and maintenance.
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with best standard operating procedures generically and company security documents in particular.
- Work with IT management to compare and evaluate solutions and implement and integrate systems as appropriate
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems
My client in Pretoria Lynnwood is looking for a Network and Cloud Engineer to implement, monitor and maintain a hybrid cloud solution, including major services related to compute, storage, network and security. Â»You will be part of the IT team responsible for setting up and deploying a secure hybrid cloud solution to ensure acceptable performance, availability and secure access to on-premises, custom-developed applications (PAAS), applications running under IAAS, SAAS and integration with third-party solutions [URL Removed] the administrator oversees and manages the secure hybrid cloud infrastructure services and multiple cloud servers, routing and security [URL Removed] authorized workExposure to technology
- Cisco Switching and Routing
- HP Aruba Switching and Routing
- Azure Networking and Communication Services
- Azure Administration and Security Centers
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Windows server
- SNMP, Syslog, Netflow and other monitoring technologies
- CCNA routing and switching or similar is required
- 4+ Experience in network configuration and routing of on-premises networks and virtual networks
- Strong technical knowledge of the implementation and maintenance of hybrid cloud, routing, firewall and virtual machine solutions for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions.
- Proven experience in the installation and maintenance of internal and external network
- Proven experience with Azure Cloud environment implementations
- A good understanding of designing and configuring hybrid cloud solutions and integrating with third-party solutions and APIs
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or similar
- Any information security certification will be beneficial and help
Benefits for employer and employment:
- Medical aid and provident fund