Our client, an Engineering SME based in, [URL Removed] specialized in the design, development, integration, implementation and support of complex hardware and software systems, is looking for a GIS Developer with Java skills
The company has implemented an integrated suite of software applications including JIRA, Confluence, Alfresco, Bitbucket, and Sage X3 collectively known as Management Information Systems (MIS) to support business processes and information needs.
Further application development, customization, consolidation and enhancement is required to improve the functionality and efficiency of the current set of the MIS suite.
- Develop, test and deploy custom solutions for MIS systems.
- Develop and test interfaces between different applications to support information and business requirements.
- Participate in the identification and analysis of needs with the help of the GIS manager.
- Writing scripts (Linux) and developing reusable models.
- Install, configure servlets, test, maintain, monitor and upgrade MIS systems.
- Test environment configuration and upgrades.
- System health monitoring and support.
- Servers maintenance (Linux and Windows).
- Provide user support and third party application support on MIS systems (Jira, Confluence, Wiki, Alfresco, Bitbucket, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (minimum):
- Computer science degree, diploma or relevant certifications
- 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
Knowledge / skills required:
- Programming languages: Java, PHP, C ++, Apache Groovy (programming and scripting language)
- Operating system Linux one of the following: Centos, Ubuntu, Red hat
- Relational database: MySQL
- Web servers: Apache Tomcat or Apache Web
- RESTful web services
- Bash and Linux scripts
Beneficial / Advantageous:
- Visual Basic
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Alfresco
- Microsoft Server and Microsoft SQL
- Source control: GIT
- Docker, Hyper-V creation
- Analytical thinking with a problem-solving approach
- Ability of an inquisitive mind to think outside of what is required and eager to learn
- Be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with all stakeholders
- Only selected candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us after 30 days, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.
Find out more / Apply for this position