Developer – Microsoft SQL Server in Johannesburg
We are looking for aMicrosoft SQL Server DeveloperProfessional with 3+ years strong development experience in Microsoft SQL and has a solid knowledge base of SDLC.
About the employer:
The SQL Developer will be part of a dynamic and diverse database operations team. The primary functions of this role include assisting with data modeling activities, tuning SQL performance, and implementing robust, scalable, and best-in-class SQL coding practices in accordance with the specifications, standards, and procedures provided.
Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in SQL coding standards and best practices of database structures and optimization.
- Consolidate and optimize customer reports for performance and reuse.
- Monitor the performance of database queries and tune unoptimized recurring queries.
- Work as a team member with DBAs to ensure database uptime, data integrity and industry reporting standards.
- Develop high quality stored procedures, triggers, functions and views to the high standards expected of this developer role.
- Identify and resolve database design issues using data modeling best practices.
Technical skills :
- Data modeling specifically related to OLTP
- Dynamic SQL
- Optimizing SQL and PLSQL performance
- Writing reports
- Database structures and standards
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent IT qualification
- PL / SQL or SQL certification
- At least 3 years of practical experience in SQL and databases development on Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Strong SQL programming and debugging skills.
- Example of source code version control tools, Gerrit, GIT
- Experience with database development tools and technologies.
- Linux / Unix shell scripting experience.
- Experience with query optimization and performance tuning, including execution plan analysis.
- Ability to design and implement complete ETL processes using SSIS and T-SQL.
- Strong ETL experience in loading slowly changing dimensions as well as transactional and snapshot tables.
- Strong reporting experience using Microsoft data technology stack such as (, SSRS, Power BI)
- Ability to design and implement semantic models using SSAS
- RDBMS database architecture
- Data modeling and database structure design
- Data analysis and processing
- Version control and source control standards
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RDS offering
Personal attributes and skills:
- Able to work under pressure
- A team player who can work alone when needed
- Able to multitask
- Work largely unsupervised
- Able to work under conditions of change; flexible and open to learn new languages and architecture
- Recognize the unique IT requirements for non-standard working hours (e.g. standby hours and overtime if necessary)
- Attitude of taking ownership of a problem or a task.
Find out more / Apply for this position