Main objectives of the position
Provide 2nd level support on corporate systems, Oracle, LINUX and networks. Maintenance and disaster recovery are also necessary.
Education and Experience (minimum requirements to perform the job):
School: grade 12
Post-School: Diploma in Information Technology / Management
Job related: MS Word / Excel
Advanced Linux context
In House: Training on the company system (Hardware and Software)
Contractual obligations of the company
Company toll collection system
Induction Payment Card Industry Internal DSS
Other: Valid light vehicle driver’s license
Skills required to achieve the results of the position:
- Excellent writing, documentation and communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience on Redhat and Debian Linux.
- Bash script experience
- Good understanding of PGP / GPG and IPTABLES
- Experience with HTML, PHP and JS appreciated
- Qualification / Solid experience on Oracle Database and MySQL
- SQL experience or qualification
- Knowledge of programming concepts and techniques (Programming / report writing skills advantageous)
- A + and N + qualification or experience
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Knowledge and experience of San and Server hardware
- Principles of backup and restore
- Valid driver’s license
- Network competence
Physical requirements and working environment
- Driver of a light motor vehicle.
- The work requires intensive work using a computer.
- Must also be able to move in confined spaces when in squares.
- Responsibilities will require shift work, evenings and weekends, as required.
- The characteristics of the work environment are those encountered in a typical office with an administration and IT support environment, driver of a light motor vehicle
Essential tasks and responsibilities
All tasks take place in accordance with contractual and legal requirements and company policies and procedures:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, software deployment, testing and configuration of Linux servers, workstations, databases and system related software
- Maintain PCI compliance
- Linux system with Oracle support, maintenance and monitoring
- Troubleshooting, troubleshooting, and recovering Linux-based systems
- Disaster recovery testing, performing backups, updating system recovery, and maintaining backup policies and procedures
- Collect and load raw data from remote sites as needed
- Respect service levels and turnaround times
- Investigate user issues, reporting needs, system issues and other user or business needs, resolve, provide support and assistance, analyze, suggest solutions relating to our systems.
- Monitor and close reported system issues
- Liaison and resolution of system issues with overseas supplier.
- Compliance with, drafting, implementation and maintenance of system documentation and IT policies and procedures, related to toll systems, including hardware and software inventory and licensing systems, development, coding and hardware training
- Database and system consistency, preventive maintenance and performance
- Document problems and solutions for future reference
- Maintain the communication infrastructure to remote sites
- Maintain the confidentiality of information stored, processed or consulted
- System support for 17 remote sites.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly system performance checks.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain and control the data center.
- Delivery of monthly reports.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace and storage room.
- Maintain, control and support all toll system inventory assets (software and hardware), as well as updated inventory assets and lists.
- Maintenance of the complete toll system test facility
- Ensure adherence to Bakwena schedules and stacking requirements.
- Ensure the availability of all toll-related servers and workstations.
- Other assigned tasks related to the person’s qualifications and experience.
This job specification indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the position and is therefore not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- Red Hat
- Linux Redhat
- Red Hat
- Oracle SQL
- Oracle Pl / Sql
Desired work experience:
Employer and benefits:
Find out more / Apply for this position