ENVIRONMENT: Maintain the global IT infrastructure environment of an independent asset management company seeking the technical expertise of a proactive and ambitious infrastructure engineer who will also drive its self-service infrastructure through to automation. The ideal candidate should have a relevant tertiary qualification with 8 years of professional experience in the IT industry and 5 years working with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP. You will also need 1-3 years Mimecast, PKI and ADFS certificate management, Azure, building automation and scripting language workflows, VMware, managing BCP and disaster recovery planning, and experience with tools. Infrastructure-as-Code such as Terraform / Ansible. Other system skills should include Linux, Rubrik, SCOM and vRealize Operations & PowerShell and [URL Removed] the responsibility is to perform the ongoing administration of core SaaS services such as Office 365, Exchange Online, Mimecast, Azure Active Directory, ADFS and PKI.
- Relevant higher degree.
- 8 years of experience in the computer industry.
- 5 years of experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- 13 years of experience in
- Azure Active Directory and associated MS Azure cloud services.
- Mimecast messaging gateway, Mimecast archiving and hygiene services.
- Management of AD group policies, management of PKI and ADFS certificates.
- Scripting language and automation workflow creation.
- Operating system lifecycle management and fixes.
- Manage both on-premise and cloud backup and storage environments.
- Virtualization (VMWare) and hyperconverged platforms.
- Manage BCP and disaster recovery planning.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform or Ansible.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server, with some experience with Linux based operating systems being an advantage.
- Hypervisor: VMWare.
- Backup technology: Rubrik.
- Storage: pure storage or any other flash storage.
- Cloud technologies: Azure, Mimecast.
- Monitoring: SCOM and vRealize Operations.
- Automation: Terraform, vRealize Automation.
- Networking: Good understanding of the concept of networking.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Initiative spirit, with the ability to use own initiative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to work under pressure.
- The desire to improve and existing processes.
- Good customer service skills.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. OnlyCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.