This tutorial covers how to view Chromebook specs. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to view Chromebook specs. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to view Chromebook specs
Google doesn’t offer an easy way to view your Chromebook‘s storage, RAM, CPU, and various details. However, it is possible to discover this data, just like you would with a conventional PC operating system. Details are important assuming you are planning to upgrade your Chromebook and need to know how much hardware it has. It will also let you know if you have an ARM or Intel processor, which is important assuming you are installing a full Linux system on your Chromebook.
Check Chromebook Specifications with an App
- Typically, we discuss native operating system solutions before looking for third-party options.
- However, if you just want to get the main information about your computer hardware, most users have to go straight to an external option. As we will see later, the native Chrome OS tool is not easy to use and exceeds the needs of most users.
System Information provides a more basic level of information about your machine. Five items are displayed:
System information is free from the Chrome Web Store.
- System Information with a similar name adds a toolbar to Chrome. The toolbar provides your machine’s CPU and RAM.
- The plugin also provides data on the activity of your processor cores.
- Again, the plugin is free to download.
- Which of the three apps is right for you depends on the information you are looking for. Try all three and tell us your favorite in the comments at the end.
- Now let’s take a look at the native methods to check a Chromebook’s system info and specifications.
Chrome system information
- Chrome has a built-in tool that lets you see everything about a Chromebook’s specs and system information, but as we mentioned, it’s not easy to use.
- If you want to check it, you have to open the Chrome browser and type chrome: // system in the address bar. It will give access to the About Chrome system page.
- By scrolling through the list of entries, you can find information about BIOS, RAM, kernel, network hardware, power, etc. of your Chromebook. Click Expand to view more details about an entry.
- There is also a lot of non-hardware system information, including user profiles, settings, and log files.
About Chrome OS
- If you only want to learn more about a specific aspect of your Chromebook’s specs, there are a few other tools you should know about.
- For example, if you just want to know what version of Chrome OS you’re using, perhaps to check if a recent update has installed successfully, go to the Settings menu.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the three vertical lines to open a menu. At the bottom of the menu, click About Chrome OS. You’ll see the version you’re using, as well as a Check for Updates button.
- If you need a little more detail, click on Detailed construction information. You will be able to see your machine’s platform, firmware, update channel, user agent, and more.
How to check storage on a Chromebook
- One of the many reasons Chromebooks are so affordable is that they don’t have massive hard drives.
- 32 GB is standard. The most expensive devices are either 64GB or 128GB, but there are still plenty of Chromebooks on the market that come with 16GB or less.
- Due to strict limitations, you should closely monitor your storage situation.
- To check storage on a Chromebook, enter chrome: // quota-internals in the Chrome address bar. You will see the precise amount of space remaining on your drive, as well as other miscellaneous statistics.
How to check Google Drive storage on a Chromebook
- To check the available space on your Google Drive account from Chrome OS, open the Files app, click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, and check the bar at the bottom of the context menu.
Chromebook memory, CPU, and network usage
- Windows users are familiar with Task Manager. But many of them don’t realize that Chrome OS has an equivalent function.
- Chrome OS’s Task Manager displays statistics about memory footprint, CPU usage, and network usage for each currently active task on your computer.
- To access Task Manager, open Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Go to More Tools> Task Manager to open it.
Check the network information on a Chromebook
- If you want to check something about your Chromebook’s network hardware or connection, you’ll need to head to the Settings app.
- At the top of the Settings app, you should see the name of your current connection. Click on it, then click on it a second time in the expanded menu.
- You will see your IP address. If you expand the Advanced, Network, and Proxy lists, you can find information on everything from your MAC address to your routing prefix.
Check with the manufacturer
- If you still cannot find the data you need, you can check the manufacturer’s website as a last resort. Depending on the age of your Chromebook, you may still be able to find your device’s datasheet available for download.
Final words: How to view Chromebook specs
hope you will understand this item How to view Chromebook specs, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.