DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Antivirus Software Market Report 2022, By Type, Operating System, End User” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global antivirus software market is expected to grow from $3.92 billion in 2021 to $4.06 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%. The change in growth trend is mainly due to the companies stabilizing their production after meeting the demand which increased exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021. The market is expected to reach $4.75 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 4.0%.
The anti-virus software market includes sales of anti-virus software by entities (organizations, independent traders, and partnerships) that are used to protect computers from viruses by scanning, detecting, and removing them. Most antivirus software runs in the background once downloaded, providing real-time protection against virus attacks. The behavior of all programs is monitored by the antivirus software, which reports suspicious behavior.
The main types of antivirus software are computers, tablets, smartphones and others. Computer antivirus software is used in computers to prevent, scan and detect viruses and malware that damage the computer. The different operating systems include Windows, MAC, Android or IOS, or Linux and are used by various verticals such as businesses, individuals and governments.
North America was the largest region in the Antivirus Software Market in 2021. Europe was the second largest region in the Antivirus Software Market. Regions covered in this report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The growing number of cyber attacks is expected to propel the growth of the antivirus software market in the coming years. A cyberattack is an attack based on cyberspace aimed at intentionally disrupting, disabling, destroying or manipulating a computer or other device.
There is an increase in hacking and data breaches in computers, laptops and mobiles using viruses or malware. Antivirus software can block or prevent the virus or malware from entering the device and prevent cyberattacks. For example, in 2020 Air India, an India-based airline, reported that hackers had compromised their servers and accessed the personal data of 4.5 million flyers. In India, in 2020 alone, 1.16 million cyber security cases are recorded. Hence, the rising number of cyber attacks is driving the antivirus software market.
Cloud-based antivirus is a trend that is gaining popularity in the antivirus software market. Cloud antivirus or cloud-based antivirus is a solution that offloads work to a cloud-based server instead of bogging down the computer with an antivirus suite. Cloud antivirus protects PCs, laptops and mobile devices by providing behavior-based filtering and catching malware capable of transferring data. For example, according to Tracxn Technologies Limited, a 2021 report by an India-based software company, major companies such as Malwarebytes, Avast, Panda Security, Qihoo 360 Technology, AVG Technologies use cloud-based antivirus solutions.
In July 2020, NortonLifeLock, a US-based cybersecurity software company, acquired Avira for $360 million. Through this acquisition, Avira serves a broad customer base in Europe and key emerging markets with a range of consumer-focused cybersecurity and privacy solutions. Avira is a German security software company specializing in antivirus software.
1) By type: Computers; tablets; smart phones; Others
2) By operating system: Windows; MAC; Android or IOS or Linux
3) By end user: business; Personal; Government
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of Antivirus Software Market
3. Antivirus Software Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on antivirus software
5. Antivirus Software Market Size and Growth
6. Antivirus Software Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of Antivirus Software Market
8. Asia-Pacific Antivirus Software Market
9. Antivirus Software Market in China
10. Antivirus Software Market in India
11. Japan Antivirus Software Market
12. Australia Antivirus Software Market
13. Indonesia Antivirus Software Market
14. South Korea Antivirus Software Market
15. Antivirus Software Market in Western Europe
16. UK Antivirus Software Market
17. Germany Antivirus Software Market
18. France anti-virus software market
19. Eastern Europe Antivirus Software Market
20. Antivirus Software Market in Russia
21. North America Antivirus Software Market
22. US Antivirus Software Market
23. South America Antivirus Software Market
24. Brazil Antivirus Software Market
25. Middle East Antivirus Software Market
26. Africa Antivirus Software Market
27. Antivirus Software Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
28. Major Mergers and Acquisitions in the Antivirus Software Market
29. Antivirus Software Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
G Data Cyber Defense
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8ek7hn